1. What is a male swan called?
2. Whereabouts do demersal fish live in the sea - near the top, near the middle or near the bottom?
Near the bottom
3. How many arms do most starfish have?
4. Which large mammal's tail is so strong it can stand on it and lift its hind legs off the ground?
5. The Saint Helena is the largest species of which order of insects?
6. Camelopard is an old English name for which animal?
7. Pyrenean, fainting and alpine are all breeds of which animal?
8. What name is given to a female deer?
9. What kind of creature is a Portuguese man o' war?
10. How many legs does a lobster have?
11. What type of animal is a Flemish giant?
12. Which creatures produce gossamer?
13. From which animal is mohair obtained?
The angora goat
14. What type of animal is a basenji?
A hunting dog
15. Which is the largest living bird?
16. How many compartments does a cow's stomach have?
17. What type of feet does a palmiped bird have?
18. Flittermouse is an old English name for which mammal?
19. What is a cabbage white?
20. What is the natural habitat of arboreal animals?
In or among trees
21. What is the scientific name for the trunk of an elephant?
23. What type of animal is an impala?
24. How is the domestic cavy better known?
As the guinea pig
25. What are the male honey bees called that are the only members of the colony allowed to mate with the queen?
26. Which adjective is used to describe a horse with two different colored patches, usually black and white?
27. Which is the largest mammal in the world?
The blue whale
28. How many humps does a bactrian camel have?
29. What are the only two mammals that lay eggs?
The spiny anteater and the duck billed platypus
30. What kind of animal is a Komodo dragon?
31. Which bird has the largest wingspan of any living bird?
The wandering albatross
32. Which is the fastest land animal?
33. True or false - the python is a poisonous snake?
34. What type of animal is a Mexican hairless?
36. What kind of animal is a karakul?
37. Leveret is the name given to the babies of which animal?
39. What is the heaviest species of monkey?
40. A parliament is the name given to a group of which bird?
How many animal trivia questions you got right?
We would love to hear from you! How many questions you got right? Are these difficult ones? Do let us know.