Food & cooking trivia questions will check your understanding of different food related topic. Food skill is defined as “At an individual and household level, food skills are a complex, inter-related, person-centred, set of skills that are necessary to provide and prepare safe, nutritious, and culturally acceptable meals for all members of one’s household”.
This trivia is not as convoluted as the definition of food skill, rather it will be fun. Enjoy and share these questions with your family and friends.
Food & Cooking trivia questions
Click “+” sign to know the answers. These free food & cooking related questions and answers for kids are of mixed level and for all.
1. Mozzarella cheese is made from the milk of which animal?
2. Which is the only edible food that never goes bad?
3. Which contains the most vitamin C per g – broccoli or oranges?
Broccoli, It has about mg of vitamin C per g, as opposed to an orange which has about mg of vitamin C per g
4. Yukon Gold, Idaho Russet and Red Bliss are all types of which vegetable?
5. What name is given to the salted roe (eggs) of sturgeon?
6. What type of food is a peanut?
It’s a legume, not a nut
7. Carmine, the red food coloring commonly added to candy and juices to give them color, is made by boiling what?
Cochineal bugs (a type of beetle)
8. Apples, pears, plums, peaches and strawberries all belong to which family of flowering plants?
The rose family (Rosaceae)
9. From which part of a pig do we get ham?
The hind leg
10. Choux and filo are types of what?
11. What name is given to a cockerel that has been castrated, and often fattened, to increase the quality of its meat?
12. Which staple food was rationed in the UK the year after the end of World War 2 despite having never been rationed during the war?
13. Which part of a cow does chuck meat come from?
14. In movies and literature, which herb is often used as a weapon by vampire hunters?
15. What Italian term is used to describe pasta or rice that has been cooked until it is slightly firm to bite?
16. What is the main ingredient of hash browns?
17. Which meat and vegetable stew originated from Hungary?
18. Roquefort, Feta and Manchego are all cheeses made from the milk of which animal?
19. What is a bratwurst?
A type of German sausage
20. How is sodium bicarbonate better known?
21. Cherry, plum and grape are all varieties of which fruit?
22. If something is sauteed, how is it cooked?
It is fried in butter or other fat
23. What is the official state fruit of New Hampshire?
24. If you put a rotten egg in a bowl of water will it float or sink?
It will float
25. Invented by James Caleb Jackson in 18which was the first cold breakfast cereal?
26. Which popular Mexican dish consists of chopped meat in a stew with red chillies and kidney beans?
Chilli con carne
27. Which acid is present in vinegar?
28. How is sodium chloride better known?
29. Gala, honeycrisp and jazz are all varieties of which fruit?
30. In which country did Tacos originate?
How many food trivia you answered?
Did you find these food and cooking themed trivia questions easy? How many of them you are able to answer. Please share your feedback, we will be glad to know.