10 Healthy Indian Superfoods that You Have Always Overlooked
Eat local, eat seasonal, eat traditional, and eat as much as your gut says you need.
The secret foods for health, vitality and weight loss lie in our own kitchens and backyards. Eating a locally available and seasonal food is more healthier than super foods from a remote land where geographical conditions are very different..
This post is about the the awesome book by Rujuta Diwekar on Indian super foods!
What is the meaning of super food?
Author Rujuta defines super food very differently.
“Foods that, like true love, have stood the test of time.” – Rujuta Diwekar
As per the author, super foods have 5 things in common:
1. They grow naturally in the same land you live in.
2. They are rich in micronutrients and taste.
3. Every part of the plant can be used in unique ways.
4. They encourage diversity in your diet.
5. They lead to a sustainable lifestyle, help the local economy, and make sound ecological sense.
Which are the Best 10 Indian Super Foods ?
In her book, Rujuta analyzed 12 Indian superfoods. There are also additional details on how to use them and how they are time tested.
Ghee is a class of clarified butter that originated in ancient India.